Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Fail to copy text from some menu-items with NVDA+NumPad5 #3093

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 19, 2013 · 3 comments
Closed

Fail to copy text from some menu-items with NVDA+NumPad5 #3093

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 19, 2013 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by k_kolev1985 on 2013-03-19 11:15
I've noticed that NVDA fails to copy the text from some selected menu-items with the command NVDA+NumPad5 pressed trice. Applications in witch this can be observed are: Cobian Backup, KMPlayer and the context menus in the Google Translate module (window) of Balabolka. There may be other applications in witch this can happen, but I don't know. As far as I know, all of the problematic applications are written in Delphi and this may be part of the reason why the issue occurs.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open one of the following applications: KMPlayer, Cobian Backup, or the Google Translate window within Balabolka.
  2. Invoke a context menu or a menu from the menu-bar of the application in question.
  3. Select a menu-item from the opened menu.
  4. Press NVDA+NumPad5 trice.
  5. Open any text editor (e.g. Notepad) and execute the paste command (e.g. Ctrl+V) to paste the copied to the clipboard in step Pass key through command #4 text.
    Expected result: NVDA should say that the text from the selected menu item is copied to the clipboard and you can than pasted without problems in the text editor.
    Actual result: NVDA says that the text is copied, but upon pasting, there is nothing pasted.

Notes:

1. I can visually verify that the menu-item in question is selected and that upon pasting there is really nothing pasted.
  2. I guess that an empty string is copied while performing the NVDA+NumPad5 command, because after it is executed, the clipboard is cleared (previously there was some text copied into it) but upon pasting after the NVDA+NumPad5 command, nothing is pasted at all with the normal paste command.

I'm using Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 32-bit with bulgarian language pack and bulgarian locales. NVDA is main snapshot r5967. But I think this problem is not recent - it is from a long time.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@k-kolev1985: Could you provide an update on this issue?

@k-kolev1985
Copy link

@LeonarddeR This was a bug in NVDA and it was fixed a long time ago.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 2, 2017

Per #3093 (comment), closing

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants