Navigation Menu

Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Selections should be brailled in review mode #3095

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 19, 2013 · 6 comments
Open

Selections should be brailled in review mode #3095

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 19, 2013 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by halim on 2013-03-19 15:49
When a brailledisplay is tethered to focus, selected text is indicated with dots 7 und 8.
This should be the case also when display is tethered to review mode.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-03-19 23:35
The problem is that cursor and selection are very much linked; cursor is just a collapsed selection. However, the review cursor has no concept of selection, only cursor. If/how this should be implemented needs careful consideration.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by aliminator on 2013-03-20 07:53
It would be better if there would be such an implementation. Otherwise users might have to switch between focus and review. This eventually might lead to users being confused.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2013-03-20 08:06
Focus and review are separate. One follows the system focus, the other moves without affecting the system focus and can go where the focus can't. You simply can't see them as the same. Otherwise, you won't know when you're moving the focus and when you aren't.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

CC @jcsteh, @LeonarddeR, @dkager, @derekriemer, @josephsl and other Braille experts to kindly request thoughts/inputs on this seemingly tricky Braille suggestion.

@jcsteh jcsteh removed their assignment Aug 16, 2017
@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@dkager: You probably know the selection code quite well by now. Any ideas? I.e. is review cursor selection nvda+f9 and nvda+f10 reflected in Braille? Honestly, I never tried.

@dkager
Copy link
Collaborator

dkager commented Aug 18, 2017

I never use that command, but I think as per #3095 (comment) the selection isn't stored separately. Something to look at, but not high priority IMO.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

Successfully merging a pull request may close this issue.

5 participants