Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Reading in Word 2010 directly after opening a file #3098

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 21, 2013 · 4 comments
Closed

Reading in Word 2010 directly after opening a file #3098

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 21, 2013 · 4 comments
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by falinn.onda on 2013-03-21 11:01
Each time i open a word file, the document is opened but NVDA only says the title and does not respond to navigation with arrows (nothing is read).
If i use NVDA+up it says "blank".
after i change the focus to a different window and then back to the document it starts reading correctly from that point on.

My configuration is win7 with office 2010 pro and NVDA 2012.3.1.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by mdcurran on 2013-03-21 22:32
Was this a protected document?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by falinn.onda on 2013-03-24 05:11
Not sure what you mean by protected.
It happens with any file i open.
Not a read only file or file from the internet.
For example if i create a new document myself, save it close and reopen then when it opens the cursor moves but NVDA doesn't report anything.

If you're having trouble recreating this issue wiht word 2010, please let me know what further information i can supply.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@michaelDCurran In short, no, the reported issue is not specific to protected documents. Not only does the original author of this ticket indicate this in #3098 (comment), but I can also replicate this successfully from time to time. I may need to more consciously investigate this in order to be able to provide a consistent and reliable STR, but in the meantime, is there any other diagnostic information required from me and others to assess this ticket?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

The focus tracking is not reliable in many cases. This is already covered in #8389. Closing this in favor of that issue because the discussion is more detailed in that issue.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants