Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

inconsistent beeping on capitals when "speak cap for capitals" and "beep for capitals" both are turned on #310

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 5 comments
Labels
bug component/speech p4 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by aleksey_s on 2009-05-01 13:36

actual results

NVDA beeps on "cap" part of message, not on the letter itself.

expected results

NVDA must beep when the actual letter is exactly speaking.

Additional info

Split the message to "cap" and "actual character" isn't the solution, because it sounds bad for me. I assume this can be done only with custom indexing, which require redesign of nvda synth driver api. However, i am even not sure that it can be supported by all synthesizers, which nvda currently supports.
So perhaps this ticket is not for fixing, but for reporting inconvenience which can be noted in documentation.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I assume this will be fixed in #4877

@feerrenrut feerrenrut added the p4 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority label Jun 12, 2017
@fisher729
Copy link

Hi.

Should this issue still be open @Adriani90

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

This is still inconsistent in NVDA alpha 20045,a335297e. The speech refactoring might have made it possible to fix this, but there is no fix for this via speech refactoring yet.

@fisher729
Copy link

fisher729 commented Apr 27, 2020 via email

@CyrilleB79
Copy link
Collaborator

Hello

Since I have already worked recently on this part of the code (#11977), I may work on this ticket if it is really a need.
But is there anybody wanting to have this ticket resolved and how?

Now that #11977 has been merged, the "cap " message and the character are actually split one from another.

The original reporter (aleksey_s, probably Aleksey Sadovoy) indicates that:

Split the message to "cap" and "actual character" isn't the solution, because it sounds bad for me.

If anyone understands this comment please give more explanations. Also if someone still has contact with Aleksey S, please Cc him; but it seems he is not active anymore in NVDA community.

If the solution is to add the beep just before the character and not just before the "cap ", I may implement it.
But again I do not know if someone really needs this.

If no one express a need for this, I rather vote to close this ticket.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
bug component/speech p4 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants