Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Support for Chromium Embedded Framework #3108

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 26, 2013 · 4 comments
Closed

Support for Chromium Embedded Framework #3108

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 26, 2013 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by jteh on 2013-03-26 04:14
The Chromium Embedded Framework is an embeddable browser control based on Google Chromium/Chrome. It looks like quite a few projects are starting to use this now, including some products from Adobe.

For us, this should simply be a matter of moving the code from the chrome app module into the NVDAObjects package. I'm told even the window class name is the same. (This would also allow us to get rid of the various app modules for Chrome derivatives.) However, I've been told there may be some problems building CEF with accessibility support, so we should investigate this as well.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-03-26 04:39
There are two versions of CEF being actively developed: CEF 1, which is a single process implementation, and CEF 3, which is a multi-process implementation. Both are being used, but I suspect CEF 1 is more common.

Apparently, CEF 3 does have accessibility support, but CEF 1 does not. GoogleIssue:chromiumembedded:721 has been filed for this.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2013-03-27 07:19
c9b2355 adds support for CEF. This obviously requires accessibility support to be available in CEF, so until this is fixed in CEF 1, this only works for CEF 3.
Changes:
Milestone changed from near-term to 2013.2
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by ateu on 2013-03-27 18:58
Is there some specific browser which uses CEF 1?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2013-03-27 23:30
CEF is meant for embedding into applications, not for stand-alone browsers. There are definitely apps using CEF 1, but none that I know of specifically that matter to us.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant