Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA won't work with my RefreshaBraille 18. #3109

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 26, 2013 · 7 comments
Closed

NVDA won't work with my RefreshaBraille 18. #3109

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 26, 2013 · 7 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by santiagoblue7 on 2013-03-26 04:50
Hello,
I recieved a RefreshaBraille 18 from APH today, and it seems to work fine with all of my devices, running different screen readers, like VoiceOver for OS X, VoiceOver on iOS, and System Access on Windows. When I tried to use it with NVDA, I recieved an error, even though I was choosing the right option, an APH display. Others have told me the display is not working with NVDA, however, I heard it did. Is this a new issue with a recent copy of NVDA, and, is a fix on the way? Thanks in advance,
Santiago

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-03-26 05:00
Is the display in HID or serial mode? NVDA will only work if the display is in serial mode for now.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by santiagoblue7 on 2013-03-26 05:13
Actually, I'm trying to use it via Bluetooth, not USB, nevertheless, I tried changing it to serial mode and it still won't work.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2013-03-26 06:34
Can you select from several protocols with that display? If so, are you using the Baum protocol?

I've never actually been able to get access to a !RefreshaBraille myself, nor do I have any development documentation, so the implementation is entirely based on guesswork and some hints from the BRLTTY driver. Some users have reported it works, but others are having trouble. I probably can't do any more without access to a display and ideally some technical documentation.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2013-03-28 01:48
Can you find out the COM port that has been assigned to your display? With NVDA 2013.1beta1, what happens if you manually select this port in the Braille Settings dialog?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2015-06-16 07:26
@santiagoblue7, any further word on this? Can you test comment:4?

@bhavyashah
Copy link

Since the original author of this ticket is now out-of-reach and unfortunately did not respond to @jcsteh's #3109 (comment) and the two subsequent comments, we remain with information insufficient for diagnosis. Unless we are in touch with a user of said Braille display who can confirm the reported issue, I suggest closing. @ehollig

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I agree. Closing as invalid.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants