Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA not rendering some contents in browse mode with firefox. #3111

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 26, 2013 · 5 comments
Closed

NVDA not rendering some contents in browse mode with firefox. #3111

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 26, 2013 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ateu on 2013-03-26 14:12
I've tested with chrome and Iexplorer, and the problem does not appears.

Access this link:

http://wol.jw.org/pt/wol/lv/r5/lp-t/0/19378

The content is in Portuguese, so ignore it.

Which matter is that there is a menu, and after it, a list of 139 items, and this list is not showed with firefox.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by ateu on 2013-03-26 14:48
Changes:
Changed title from "NVDA NOT RENDERING SOME CONTENT in browse mode with firefox." to "NVDA not rendering some contents in browse mode with firefox."

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by mdcurran on 2013-03-26 23:26
Confirmed in Firefox nightly 22. I'm guessing its because the list in question has an xml role of directory, and I guess therefore this list does not have the read-only state. However, NVDA is also not announcing "list" which it should at least be doing here. So I think there may be more than one issue. Either way though, it must be debated whether a "directory" should be rendered or treeted as a form control.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2013-03-26 23:43
Reading this info about the directory role suggests it probably should have the read-only state:

A list of references to members of a group, such as a static table of contents.

Authors SHOULD use this role for a static table of contents, whether linked or unlinked. This includes tables of contents built with lists, including nested lists.

@derekriemer
Copy link
Collaborator

Hi,
Another case of this is the table of contents on the html5.1 specification.
I believe this is a bug. I'm not sure how NVDA should reference this, maybe a table of contents region, or treat it as an embedded section I.E. you press enter from browse mode to enter it.
https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/roles#directory

@derekriemer
Copy link
Collaborator

I can't reproduce this anymore. I think it got fixed.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants