Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Swahili language addition #3160

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 17, 2013 · 3 comments
Closed

Swahili language addition #3160

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 17, 2013 · 3 comments
Labels
close/invalid component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation enhancement

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by jacobchawala on 2013-04-17 05:40
Windows has recognized Swahili language in its programs in such a way that it has Swahili lip setups for windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and Swahili Microsoft office. Swahili language is spoken by more than 100 million people in the world. Because of its importance, I think we should add the Swahili language among other languages in NVDA. most of Swahili speakers with visual impairment who are computer literate, NVDA is their primary screen reader. There is a Swahili voice in the voice settings but there is no Swahili language in the general settings.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by MHameed on 2013-04-17 06:07
For that to happen, we need a volunteer that can do the Swahili localization.
Do you know such a person, or are you a Swahili speaker?
Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added enhancement component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation labels Nov 10, 2015
@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 15, 2017

While having Swahili as a supported language of NVDA would be nice, we need a volunteer that can do the Swahili localization. Closing as we are unable to contact the original poster for additional information. CC @josephsl to forward to the translations list to see if there are any Swahili speakers that may be able to help.

@josephsl
Copy link
Collaborator

josephsl commented Aug 15, 2017 via email

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
close/invalid component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation enhancement
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants