Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Alert notification are not spoken in IE10. #3176

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 20, 2013 · 4 comments
Closed

Alert notification are not spoken in IE10. #3176

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 20, 2013 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Harich on 2013-04-20 17:28
Notification alerts are not being spoken in IE10 after a file download is complete. That is, the NVDA reads the notification as you try to download a file, however, it does not so when the download is completed. I'm running Win-8 64 bit OS.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2013-04-21 08:46
Well sometimes this fails even in xp and IE 8 Certainly in FF one seems to need to do control J to get at the library also to stand any chance of knowing its finished. In IE8 though one does get a windows sound indicating its ended but seldom any speech, and this has gone on for some time. I'm just pointing this out in case its perhaps connected as I do not have win 8 on any machines here at the moment.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Is someone able to reproduce this with IE11? Honestly, I didn't even know that there was such a notification. Are we really sure there is a notification expected?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I am not able to reproduce it in Windows 8 64bit with IE11 and NVDA 2017.3.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Dec 5, 2018

I am not able to reproduce this in IE 11 using NVDA Alpha and downloading a file. I am also unsure if there is even a notification presented in IE once a file is complete. I believe the notification disappears. Closing

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Dec 5, 2018
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants