Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Portable NVDA does not read when brousing to open a file in Audacity #3179

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 21, 2013 · 4 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by andrewd on 2013-04-21 23:59
In Audacity 2.03 on Windows7, NVDA portable version (installed works fine) will not read the list of files.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-04-22 00:18
That suggests the file list is somehow running as administrator, which is concerning. Aside from the secure screen support, that is the only difference between the installed and portable versions in Windows 7.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 20, 2017

I am not able to replicate using portable NVDA and Audasity 2.1.2. CC @derekriemer. Any ideas?

@bhavyashah
Copy link

If the file list in Audacity's Open File dialog is indeed running as administrator as @jcsteh suspects, there probably is nothing that NVDA can do to resolve this issue. Regardless, testing with a temporary copy of a recent NVDA Next snapshot and Audacity 2.1.2, the folder view list was read by NVDA as expected. Since this ticket is more than four years old, the original author of this ticket cannot be contacted, my testing results imply a worksforme, and Jamie's suspicion suggests a cantfix/NeedsExternalFix, I suggest closing. @ehollig

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Closing as works for me.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants