Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Portable NVDA not working in several apps #3180

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 22, 2013 · 6 comments
Closed

Portable NVDA not working in several apps #3180

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 22, 2013 · 6 comments
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by andrewd on 2013-04-22 02:30
As well as the Audacity issue I noted earlier today, portable NVDA is not working at all in NoteTab or Firefox. I have tested on two machines, but I do have an installed version on each machine which may be upsetting things. The issue goes back to 2012.3 - makes me wonder why I hadn't noticed earlier.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-04-22 03:12
Please define not working. Portable NVDA works just fine for me in Firefox.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by andrewd (in reply to comment 1) on 2013-04-23 01:25
Replying to jteh:

Please define not working. Portable NVDA works just fine for me in Firefox.

"Not working" involved no speech, including menus and capslock key. I checked on two machines since, one running Windows7 and one running Windows8 and no problems. I suspect having installed and portable copies on the one machine as the problem - not real clever I know.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2013-04-23 01:30
Having two copies on the same machine should work just fine. I have many more than two. :) Different copies are all independent.

This is very concerning. My only guess is that many things are running as administrator that shouldn't be. As a matter of interest, can you try running nvda_noUIAccess.exe in your installed copy? That version doesn't have the uiAccess privilege and is what you get with a portable copy.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by andrewd on 2013-04-23 04:30
I ran nvda_noUIAccess.exe from the installed copy and it behaved at least as badly as the portable version. I am trying to think what might have changed, as I am sure the portable version used to work fine. Will keep looking.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by andrewd on 2013-05-05 23:24
I am now suspecting that security settings have been changed with a recent update to machines in the unit. If I run portable NVDA as administrator, it seems to be working fine.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 20, 2017

this sounds to be an isolated issue to the users machine indicated in #3180 (comment)

@jcsteh jcsteh closed this as completed Jul 20, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants