Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA Not Reading Status Line with its Command in several Applications #3211

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 8, 2013 · 5 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ateu on 2013-05-08 21:35
Received from some Brazilian and Portuguese users and confirmed by myself.

It has been tested using both the last master and the last release snapshot.
Tested in Skype, Firefox, Internet Explorer, SeaMonkey and Google Chrome.
When I press NVDA+end/NVDA+Shift+end to read the status bar, NVDA just says blank.

In other cases, such as in Windows Explorer, the command works fine. I suspect this is related with browse mode.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by ateu on 2013-05-09 08:14
Changes:
Changed title from "NVDA Not Reading Status Bar with its Command in several Applications" to "NVDA Not Reading Status Line with its Command in several Applications"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by k_kolev1985 on 2013-06-01 08:33
I don't know from witch recent snapshot it started, but the same issue is happening to me as well: In several applications (specially those with no specific status-bars), NVDA refuses to read the status-bar/bottom line of the window. Instead, it only says "blank". I can provide you with a log, if necessary.

I'm using the latest NVDA snapshot and Windows 7 SP1 32-bit in bulgarian.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2013-06-03 00:13
It'd be good if we can separate regressions from cases that never worked. Regressions are somewhat more pressing. For example, this command has been unreliable in Firefox ever since the status bar changed in Firefox 4.

@k_kolev1985: Your comment suggests regressions. Can you give some examples of apps where this worked in older versions of NVDA but doesn't work now? What version of NVDA did it work in?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by k_kolev1985 on 2013-06-21 08:28
Hello,

Soory for the late reply. Examples of programs in witch the command worked OK in NVDA 2013.1 and doesn't work now are "Cobian Backup" and "Total Commander".

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by bdorer on 2015-02-24 22:33
Closing this ticket as invalid because there hasn't been any progress for several reports and I propose to reopen separate tickets for each programm so devs are able to verify on case by case.
Changes:
Added labels: invalid
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant