Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA doesn't function properly in Windows-8 mail app. #3226

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 11, 2013 · 8 comments
Closed

NVDA doesn't function properly in Windows-8 mail app. #3226

nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 11, 2013 · 8 comments
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. app-specific bug p5 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Harich on 2013-05-11 16:47
When tabbing through Windows-8 mail app, NVDA seems to have few troubles. When you reach to view your e-mail, it would not read. You cannot even navigate with up/down arrow keys either.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Not sure about this one. Windows 8 is not exactly abandoned yet, but people have the possibility to update to Windows 10 and effort is being put into the Windows 10 mail app.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

I agree with @LeonarddeR's #3226 (comment) with respect to the analysis that Microsoft is probably investing efforts in improving the Windows 10 Mail app (and so has NVDA) rather than the Windows 8 Mail app. Since Leonard seems to suggest that the Windows 8 Mail app, at the same time, is not officially declared as abandonware, I suppose this request probably cannot thus be fully overturned in that regard. Thoughts? CC @feerrenrut

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

As already mentioned, the number of users of windows 8 mail is likely small already. NV Access is not able to have a great impact by specifically trying to fix this. However, I will leave the issue open, and mark it as a priority 4. We are happy to provide guidance and accept a PR from someone who wishes to pursue this issue.

@feerrenrut feerrenrut added the p5 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority label Sep 19, 2017
@josephsl
Copy link
Collaborator

josephsl commented Sep 19, 2017 via email

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Sep 19, 2017 via email

@ruifontes
Copy link
Contributor

ruifontes commented Sep 19, 2017 via email

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Apps on Windows 8 will not be sustainably developed in the future. So supporting Windows 10 Apps should have higher priority. For Windows 8 I suggest using Thunderbird or MS Outlook for e-mails.

@Adriani90 Adriani90 added the Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. label Mar 30, 2023
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I am closing this issue as abandoned since Support for Windows 8.1 ended completely in 2020. If you have such issues with the mail app on windows 10 or 11, please open new issues accordingly.

@Adriani90 Adriani90 closed this as not planned Won't fix, can't repro, duplicate, stale Mar 30, 2023
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. app-specific bug p5 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

9 participants