Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Feature request: NVDA doesn't read items in Sam Broadcaster's list views #3262

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 2, 2013 · 11 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by oaron on 2013-06-02 21:53
I'm using the Latest NVDA snapshot, and Sam Broadcaster V 4.7.1, The users can broadcast in internet radio with this software. In the list views, the chosen songs appear, and they can move on with the arrow keys. I can read the items with the object navigation, but when I use arrow keys, NVDA doesn't announce anything.
I tried to create an appmodule (and Mesar helped me), but it doesn't work. Do you have any idea what the problem is, ,how can I fix it?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-06-03 00:24
Please provide the following info:

1. Move to an item in the list, press NVDA+f1 and provide the output.
  2. Move to the first item in the list, use object navigation to find the first item, press NVDA+f1 and provide the output.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by oaron (in reply to comment 1) on 2013-06-03 06:53
Replying to jteh:

Please provide the following info:

1. Move to an item in the list, press NVDA+f1 and provide the output.

When I navigate to the second item with review cursor, NVDA shows only the first item in the log.

1. Move to the first item in the list, use object navigation to find the first item, press NVDA+f1 and provide the output.

Developer info for navigator object:
name: None
role: ROLE_UNKNOWN
states: STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_FOCUSED
isFocusable: True
hasFocus: True
Python object: <NVDAObjects.IAccessible.ContentGenericClient object at 0x0574E990>
Python class mro: (<class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.ContentGenericClient'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class 'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class 'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
description: None
value: u'1 Litewolf - Express 0:372 Litewolf - In The News Today 0:153 Litewolf - SAM Can! 0:30'
appModule: <'appModuleHandler' (appName u'sambc', process ID 7656) at address 574e890>
TextInfo: <class 'displayModel.DisplayModelTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 19990800
windowClassName: u'TVirtualSongTree'
windowControlID: 19990800
windowStyle: 1442906112
windowThreadID: 5484
windowText: u''
displayText: u'1 Litewolf - Express 0:372 Litewolf - In The News Today 0:153 Litewolf - SAM Can! 0:30'
IAccessibleObject: <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x3b3da8 at 56ca080>
IAccessibleChildID: 0
IAccessible event parameters: windowHandle=19990800, objectID=-4, childID=0
IAccessible accName: None
IAccessible accRole: ROLE_SYSTEM_CLIENT
IAccessible accState: STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSED, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_VALID (1048580)
IAccessible accDescription: None
IAccessible accValue: None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh (in reply to comment 2) on 2013-06-04 00:21
Replying to oaron:

When I navigate to the second item with review cursor, NVDA shows only the first item in the log.

Are you saying the list shows up as one object with object navigation with each item being on a separate line of text in that object?

This list is fairly inaccessible. There should be separate objects for each list item. Without this, individual list items can't get focus. The only way to work around this would be to watch for changes in screen text and look for specific text formatting to detect the current item; e.g. perhaps the current item is highlighted or bold.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by oaron (in reply to comment 3) on 2013-07-25 12:46
Replying to jteh:

Replying to oaron:

Are you saying the list shows up as one object with object navigation with each item being on a separate line of text in that object?

This list is fairly inaccessible. There should be separate objects for each list item. Without this, individual list items can't get focus. The only way to work around this would be to watch for changes in screen text and look for specific text formatting to detect the current item; e.g. perhaps the current item is highlighted or bold.

The selected item is light blue, and the others is white. How can I get color of a selected item?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2013-07-26 05:04
You can verify by finding the text in screen review and pressing NVDA+f. If this works, you can do it programmatically by getting a TextInfo for the window, calling getTextWithFields() and walking through the fields, looking for formatChange fields which have an appropriate color/background-color attribute. See the PoeditListItem._get_isBold method in the poedit app module for an example of scanning for formatting (though it checks for bold, not colour).

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by oaron (in reply to comment 5) on 2013-08-05 10:07
Replying to jteh:

You can verify by finding the text in screen review and pressing NVDA+f. If this works, you can do it programmatically by getting a TextInfo for the window, calling getTextWithFields() and walking through the fields, looking for formatChange fields which have an appropriate color/background-color attribute. See the PoeditListItem._get_isBold method in the poedit app module for an example of scanning for formatting (though it checks for bold, not colour).

NVDA doesn't recognize the different colours. Does it mean this list view is not accessible, so we can't create an appmodule for fix it?

@bhavyashah
Copy link

I am under the impression that @josephsl was experimenting with SAM Broadcaster and even designed a 'skeleton' app module for the same. If this impression was an illusion, please excuse me, but if not, could you please test for the reported issue and kindly share your findings? While the version number system for SAM was probably different four years ago (when this ticket was originally filed), the latest stable release is 2017.6 released this July, implying that it is very much possible that an NVDA update and more likely a SAM Broadcaster update may have resolved this bug.

@josephsl
Copy link
Collaborator

josephsl commented Sep 15, 2017 via email

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 16, 2018

@josephsl, are you happy with this issue to be closed?

@josephsl
Copy link
Collaborator

josephsl commented Aug 16, 2018 via email

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 16, 2018

Closing

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Aug 16, 2018
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants