Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Navigating word with braille display (focus 40 blue) #3297

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 21, 2013 · 9 comments
Closed

Navigating word with braille display (focus 40 blue) #3297

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 21, 2013 · 9 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by falinn.onda on 2013-06-21 05:48
Hi,
I am trying to use my focus 40 blue to read word documents and outlook emails.
In both programs i noticed that NVDA skips certain lines for some reason.
'Ill try explaining it with the attached example file:

1. open the attached word file while braille is thathered to focus.
  2. start reading the file using braille display, starting at the beginning. Use the panning buttons to advance the display.

The behavior i see is that the first four parts are displayed correctly.
The fifth part shows line and"".
At this point if i press panning to go to next part, the end of the line is skipped. The next thing i get is "This is..."
instead of "another paragraph".
Strangely, if while showing "This is..." and panning up, i do get to see the "another paragraph".

The same thing happens when reading emails. It took me a while to understand that i am missing some parts of sentences but i noticed the same behavior where panning down skips something but panning up doesn't.

I am using Office 2010.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment In order to test the panning buttons when used with NVDA I wrote this short document.docx added by falinn.onda on 2013-06-21 05:51
Description:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by amenaide on 2014-02-19 12:13
I encounter the same issue using NVDA 2013.3, a Handytech EasyBraille, in Word 2007, Win 7 64-bit.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

According to these two reports, these Braille issues are happening on more than one Braille display as well as more than one version of Microsoft Office, implying that this could potentially be an NVDA defect which needs to be addressed. I would like to kindly request Braille experts to take a look at this ticket and share their thoughts/inputs.

@jcsteh jcsteh removed their assignment Aug 16, 2017
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@amenaide can you still reproduce this?
@bramd are you maybe available to test this on a focus blue and see if it still occurs?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@ivnc could you please also test if this is still an issue in NVDA 2019.2 last Beta? Thank you very much for your availability. This is very apreciated.

@ivnc
Copy link
Contributor

ivnc commented Jun 29, 2019

Do you have a copy of the word file attached to the report? I can't see a link to it. With my own content (two paragraphs without spacing, two paragraphs separated by a blank line and one multi-line paragraph) I am unable to reproduce.
I'll try to find someone who uses Outlook as well to ask them if they can reproduce this.
Testing environment: NVDA 2019.2Beta-17861 with Focus 40 Blue 5th Generation (firmware 5.81-50) and Office 2019 (16.0.11629.20238) 64 bits on Windows 10 1803 (build 17134.765).

Regards.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@ivnc here is the document which I have gathered from the old issue tracker.
Uploading In order to test the panning buttons when used with NVDA I wrote this short document.docx…

@ivnc
Copy link
Contributor

ivnc commented Jul 3, 2019

It seems the file wasn't uploaded correctly, but anyway I saw the URL to the old tracking system's attachments and could access the file. I still can't reproduce this, both with UIA for Office enabled and disabled. I've also tried to test with add-ons disabled, with no results.

Regards.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Thanks very much Ivano. I am closing this as works for me.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants