Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

T chord (alt-tab command) doesn't work properly #3302

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 24, 2013 · 5 comments
Closed

T chord (alt-tab command) doesn't work properly #3302

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 24, 2013 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Ahiiron on 2013-06-24 04:13
NVDA: master-9280,3350d74;
Windows 8 X64;
Brailliant BI 40 (firmware: 2.0.1)

STR:

1. Load the display with NVDA, make sure it's working etc.
  2. Open two or more apps. Notepad and winword, for instance.
  3. Press space with Dots 2-3-4-5 (t chord) for emulated alt-tab keypress.

Expected: for focus to switch to the other application like if you really pressed alt-tab on a real keyboard.

Actual: Just says "pane" or "taskbar" but then switches back to prior app.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.log added by Ahiiron on 2013-06-24 04:14
Description:
input/output logfile from test with several apps open. Tried to keep it small.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-06-26 06:26
I can reproduce this with gesture bindings, but have no idea what's causing it. It happens every time in Windows 8. In Windows 7, it often works, but sometimes, you get stuck in the Task Switcher. My only thought is that perhaps Windows expects you to hold down the alt key for a certain period after tab is released, though I've no idea how long and wasn't able to reproduce it by pressing alt+tab really fast myself. If that's so, that's very annoying. Thoughts welcome.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Ahiiron on 2013-06-26 07:05
Hmm. For fun, I made an autoHotkey script that just sends alt-tab when i press a keystroke. That works, so I don't think alt needs to be held down for a specific amount of time, unless of course they're aware of something we're not, and simulating it already.

Like you, I've tried hitting both keys rapidly, letting go at the same time etc. Here it always switches properly using the real keyboard.

Just to narrow it down, tried running a portable as admin & regular privileges, same results. So this is a truly strange one.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@jcsteh Since you were able to reproduce this as mentioned in #3302 (comment), can you please retest this and update us about the current standing of the reported issue?

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 16, 2017

Don't have one of these displays, but tested with the following entry in %appdata%\nvda\gestures.ini:

[globalCommands.GlobalCommands]
kb:alt+tab = kb:f11

This binds f11 to emulate alt+tab.

For me, this now works as expected. However, I'm using Windows 10 64 bit. Closing as works for me, but if someone experiences this on Windows 8, we should reopen.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants