Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA 2013.1 doesn't announce button names on focus lost/gain events with JAB 2.0.3, in SwingSet2.jar #3303

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 24, 2013 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by DavidO on 2013-06-24 09:07
The steps to reproduce:

'''Expected:''' AT should announce button titles

Note: in JWAS 14.0 => the same test as above => AT announces button names on focus lost/gain (tab key hit)

see also that bug in LO bz:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=58995

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-06-24 09:23
I can't reproduce this; the buttons report as expected for me. I'm using JRE 1.7.0_09 with the included JAB. I'll try updating soon to see if I can reproduce this, but I doubt it. Are you using a 32 bit or 64 bit JDK? How did you enable the JAB? (The recommended method is via the Ease of Access Center.)

It'd be great if you can provide a log file with log level set to input/output. See wiki:Issues#ProvidingLogFiles for details.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by DavidO (in reply to comment 1) on 2013-06-24 09:45
Replying to jteh:

I can't reproduce this; the buttons report as expected for me. I'm using JRE 1.7.0_09 with the included JAB. I'll try updating soon to see if I can reproduce this, but I doubt it.

Are you using a 32 bit or 64 bit JDK?

As LO working for me with Java bridge i do have 32 bit JDK installed,
but i am not sure about SwingSet2.jar, I only entered java -jar SwingSet2.jar in Windows command prompt.

Does it matter? can you confirm, that 32 or 64 bit doesn't work for your?

How did you enable the JAB? (The recommended method is via the Ease of Access Center.)

yes, i enabled it via "Ease of Access Center".

It'd be great if you can provide a log file with log level set to input/output. See wiki:Issues#ProvidingLogFiles for details.

will do it later.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by DavidO on 2013-06-24 15:59
So, i take it back.
SwingSet2.jar jut works here. Probanly JAB was not activated or not for right Java.

Steps that correct it:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\jabswitch.exe" /disable
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\jabswitch.exe" /enable
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -jar projects\swingset\SwingSet2.jar

Start JavaFerret-32 or NVDA: everything working as expected.

Sorry for the noice.
Changes:
Added labels: invalid
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2013-06-24 23:24
This does raise an interesting point, though. I wonder if 64 bit jabswitch correctly enables the bridge for 32 bit clients. NVDA is a 32 bit client, but it is able to access a 64 bit JRE if the JAB is set up correctly. We know this works having set up JAB manually in the past, but we haven't tested with jabswitch.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant