Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA crashes on MozillaFirefox #3311

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 29, 2013 · 7 comments
Closed

NVDA crashes on MozillaFirefox #3311

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 29, 2013 · 7 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by bluetek on 2013-06-29 15:25
When starting Firefox for the ferst time or closing and reopening it. NVDA gives noe feadback when moving backwards thrue text in Google and Google based surch boxes sutch as Youtube, until focous is moved and returned. Sumtimes in these situations NVDA completely crashes.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

nvaccessAuto commented Jun 29, 2013

Attachment NVDA Crashes On MozillaFirefox.txt added by bluetek on 2013-06-29 15:30
Description:
Edit
Added attachment from old Trac server
NVDA Crashes On MozillaFirefox.txt

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2013-06-29 19:47
This looks like normal behaviour with google instant turned on to me, but maybe I've missed the vital bit of the log.
I get this with google instant on, and the effect is really for the input to slow right down as google keeps altering the suggestion list.
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (20:34:53):
Input: kb(desktop):c
DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (20:34:53):
COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessibleText) ptr=0x1fda44 at 3f97940> already deleted
COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible2) ptr=0x1ff514 at 3f970d0> already deleted
COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessibleAction) ptr=0x1fd9fc at 3f978f0> already deleted
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.Dynamic_EditableTextWithAutoSelectDetectionMozillaIAccessible._get_IA2Attributes (20:34:53):
IAccessibleObject.attributes COMError (-2147220995, 'Object is not connected to server', (None, None, None, 0, None))
IO - speech._speakSpellingGen (20:34:53):
Speaking character u'c'

I'm not sure how any screenreader copes with this one, Google suggest that its turned off for screenreader users, I notice

They are only warnings, not actual errors.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 9, 2017

I do not get these warnings when performing a search in Google, but maybe I am missing something that has been provided in the attachment? Otherwise, I am leaning toward a close. CC @feerrenrut

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

Added attachment to #3311 (comment).

@ehollig what version of NVDA are you using to test this? Be aware that release versions have warnings silenced.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@bluetek are you still having this issue?

@netblue44
Copy link

netblue44 commented Jan 24, 2019 via email

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Closing as requested. Please open a new issue along with steps to reproduce if the issue reoccurs.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants