Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

SCR reads title on input field twice #3319

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 1, 2013 · 6 comments
Closed

SCR reads title on input field twice #3319

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 1, 2013 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by tutej on 2013-07-01 15:04
Hello,
I'm developing my webpage and there was a problem with NVDA. I've added a title attrribute for input field, and if there is any data inside the input field, NVDA read title twice. How can i solve it?
I can not any label for it due to leyout(tried to use headers insted - didn't worked in I.E. 8.0 the have to be supported, in FF. 20 it worked propoerly)

P.s. sorry for my english

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2013-07-03 01:37
Please specify the browser you tested with and provide a test case with exact steps to reproduce the problem. Also, you changed the version from NVDA 2013.1 to 2012.1. Was this intentional? NVDA 2012.1 is no longer supported; you should be using the latest version.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by tutej on 2013-07-03 11:12
I've tested it on Internet Explorer 8.0 that need to be supported by my aplication. I've tested it on both NVDA, first time on 2012.1, but at 2013.1 the same problem apperas too.

html extract:

Problem appears when i reaching that input (using TAB). NVDA read it as:
test title pole edycji test title
zaznaczone 0,000

which is

title:

type of field(editable input)

same title read 2nd time

state: (marked, in edition)

value in input <0,000>

as i stated i can't use label to describe that field

it's polish edition of NVDA

@bhavyashah
Copy link

If this bug turns out to be specific to Internet Explorer 8, then we can safely close this ticket since we are not addressing IE 8 issues anymore. Regardless, to ascertain that in the first place, @jcsteh, could you please take a look at the diagnostic information and test case provided in #3319 (comment) upon your request?

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Aug 12, 2017 via email

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@Tutej is this still an issue for you?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I am closing this issue since I guess the request is outdated and IE8 is not really supported anymore.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants