Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

IE script error on help balloons #3362

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 12, 2013 · 4 comments
Closed

IE script error on help balloons #3362

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 12, 2013 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by mcronq on 2013-07-12 17:18
Using IE 10.

Whenever a password field tries to present the help balloon "Caps Lock is on" an IE script error popup appears and is difficult to navigate past.

This problem can even be viewed by turning on NVDA and going to http://community.nvda-project.org/login turning on caps lock and tabbing into the password field and trying to enter a password.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by mdcurran on 2013-07-15 06:08
TECHNICAL:
This also happens in IE 11. When capslock is enabled and when focused on a password field, IE brings up another IE document fragment in a top-most window for the help balloon. IE seems to fire a focus winEvent somewhere in this document. But when NVDA eventually gets the IAccessible, queryServices to MSHTML and then calls getAttribute on the HTMLNode, an IE script error occurs and that particular IE window (the help balloon) freezes.
Really not sure what to do here. Its extremely hard to identify this particular situation. Clearly its an MS bug though as only getAttribute causes this, other methods don't.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

According to @michaelDCurran's #3362 (comment), this issue seems to have a very high implementation cost. If my inference is indeed correct, and since this seems to be IE specific, addressing this may not be worthwhile. Thus, I suggest closing. @ehollig

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@michaelDCurran I guess there is no further update on this issue. Right? Is this still reproducible? @mcronq could you please test if it is?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Dec 8, 2018

As we no longer can contact the original author of this issue, and we have not had a reported issue like this in a very long time, I am going to close this issue.

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Dec 8, 2018
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants