Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Edsharp and braille display problems with fast typing #3363

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 13, 2013 · 3 comments
Closed

Edsharp and braille display problems with fast typing #3363

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 13, 2013 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by falinn.onda on 2013-07-13 13:25
Hi,
I'm having a really weird problem when using edsharp to edit text while NVDA is connected to focus 40 braille display.

I noticed that sometimes when i type, the cursor moved to weird places. For example if i type 123123123123123 than you can expect that the text will be written as above and then the cursor will be in the end of typed text.
I noticed that many times i get an unexpected result. The text is not what i typed, same letters but in different order.
Even more strangely the cursor is not at the end of the typed text. It is few characters before the end...

It took me a while to understand that at certain point while i type, the cursor moves few characters back from where you expect it to be with no apparent reason. Then, when i type more letters they are put after the cursor so in the end i get all the letters i typed but not in the correct order.
For example 123456789 may turn as 124678953.

It is more common if i type fast and the CPU is in use. When i type really slow it doesn't happen.

If i set braille display to "no braille" i do not get this behavior at all. On notepad i did not see this happening. Just edsharp.

Someone on NVDA community told me that edsharp is a good text editor which works well with NVDA .
If there is other good text editor which is more compatible i will appreciate it if you write the name.

The display is connected via USB.
It happens both when braille is tathered to review and focus.
I am using edsharp 3.3.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-07-14 23:44
This sounds similar to #3253. What document formatting settings do you have enabled? In particular, do you have "Announce formatting changes after the cursor" enabled?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by falinn.onda on 2013-07-15 06:05
If the announce formating changes is disabled it still happens.

I played a bit with those check boxes.
It seems that if i unchecked "Report links"
the problem doesn't happen.

I've tried disabling/enabling only this option several times and it does happen when it is checked and not when it is not checked.

I am not sure what to do with this option since it is needed for browsing and creates this problem with edsharp...

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jun 26, 2018

Closing, as this issue is over 5 years old and we are unable to contact the original author. If this is still an problem, please reopen a new issue.

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Jun 26, 2018
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants