Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA fails to identify the state (checked or unchecked) for each item in the window/tab tree view on Session Restore page in Firefox #3377

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 20, 2013 · 8 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ppatel on 2013-07-20 17:54
See related ticket at: http://community.nvda-project.org/ticket/3376

After invoking the focus mode, the user can navigate the tree view control on the Session Restore page in Firefox by using the up/down arrow keys. Each item can be checked or unchecked. NVDA fails to identify the state of each item when arrowing or after the state is changed.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@derekriemer: As you closed #3376, could you also try to reproduce this one?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@ppatel can you still reproduce this?
cc: @jcsteh

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I think this issue is prety hard to reproduce. I have not seen a crash in Firefox whihmake the restore window appear for a very long time now.
cc: @MarcoZehe, @jcsteh d you think this is still an issue in Firefox Nightly?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I am testing in NVDA Alpha 18064,e579eb02 and also in 2019.2 Beta 3. I have a case where firefox showed up the restore session window. You can navigate with tab to the button called "show tabs of the last session". If you press enter on that button, a tree view is displayed where you can see all the tabs. Aparently you can check or uncheck the tabs which should be restored or not. The state "checked" or "unchecked" is not reported by NVDA in Firefox 68.0.1. Thus, this issue is still reproducible.
Moreover, in the tree view, NVDA repeats each tab twice when landing on it.
cc: @LeonarddeR

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@jcsteh is there any bug related to this filled with bugzilla already?
I don't know how to force the restore window reliably in Firefox to test this again.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I managed to reproduce this again, it seems in the treeview where the tabs to be restored are listed, every item is composed of a parent object (i.e. Google) and the parent object contains 2 child objects ("Google not checked" and "Google"). So the child object with the state "checked" or "not checked" already contains a label which is Google. The second child element is just a label which is also called "Google". So NVDA reports the label twice "Google Google" when landing on the parent object which is the default when you use the arrow keys to navigate though the tree view.

For what ever reason, NVDA does not report the state "checked" or "not checked" on the parent object. I have to use object navigation to check the current state on a child object level.

Reproduced in Firefox 120 with NVDA last alpha.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Nov 28, 2023

I still haven't been able to get that window to appear myself...

Each tree item is effectively a table row containing two columns: the check box on the left and a label on the right. Strictly speaking, the row itself is just a container; it isn't itself checkable. That said, pragmatically speaking, given that you can (presumably) press space when the tree item is focused to toggle the check box, it probably does make sense to expose the state there.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Nov 28, 2023

Actually, you can get that window to appear by going to about:sessionrestore, but I never have any tabs in there to restore. I'll have to ask around to see if there's a reliable way to test this.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants