Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

On using NVDA+F7 IE window looses the focus and one has to ALT+TAB to go back to IE window. #3408

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 6, 2013 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by sumandogra on 2013-08-06 08:33
Using NVDA+F7 to get the elements list, focus is lost from the Internet Explorer window. If one selects a link from the elements list, the focus is not on IE instead on the desktop or some other window opened other than IE. One has to use ALT+TAB to go to the IE and read the page.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Open any web page that has elements on it for example, www. Nvda-project.org
  2. Press NVDA+F7
  3. Select community from the elements list.
  4. Focus is on the desktop as only IE is open. In other words IE looses the focus and one lands on either desktop or some other window opened other than IE.
    One has to use ALT+TAB to go to the IE.

Note: this is not observed in Windows 7.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-08-06 23:05
Is this the Modern UI version of Internet Explorer or the desktop version? If you're not sure, please describe how you opened IE.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by sumandogra on 2013-08-07 14:52
*it is full screen mode /he modern UI version of InternetExplorer 10.

*the problem isnot presentwith the desktop version of Internetexplorer.

*I followthe the followingsteps usually to open any web page(OS:Windows 8) :
1.go to start menu with WINDOWS KEY.
2.typein the web address in search edit field.
3.press ENTER.
4. Web pageopensinIE(full screen mode).

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 12, 2017

I am not able to replicate this issue on Windows 10 using IE 11. Could someone using Windows 8 and IE 10 please test this?

@bhavyashah
Copy link

I cannot reproduce this issue with Windows 8.1 and internet Explorer 11 either. Unless @sumandogra can still replicate the reported issue, I suggest closing. @ehollig
P.S. Are we taking IE 10 specific issues into consideration anymore? IE 11 is within radar and IE 8 and 9 are not, but I am unsure of IE 10.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 13, 2017

As far as I am aware, if the issue can be replicated in IE11, then we will take it. Users of Windows 7 do have the option to upgrade to the latest version of IE, which is IE11.
Closing this as worksforme, but if the problem still exists, please create a new issue with exact detailed steps to reproduce, including what you did, what you expected to happen and what happened instead.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants