Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

MSWord 2013: Report mispelled word in Spell Check #3410

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 6, 2013 · 8 comments
Open

MSWord 2013: Report mispelled word in Spell Check #3410

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 6, 2013 · 8 comments
Labels
enhancement p4 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by sumandogra on 2013-08-06 08:35
MS Word2013
The spell check of MS Word 2013 is not accessible or usable as it was in previous versions.
It is not read the way it is read in previous versions. On using hot keys asuch as ALT+CC to change a sound is played and one lands on change button itself. One has to tab a lot to go to the suggestion list but the misspelled is not read.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a document that has spelling errors.
  2. Press F7.
  3. Try to navigate in the dialog as the error is not read automatically.
  4. Try to use the dialog.
  5. It is not so usable as it was previously.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-08-08 03:52
Microsoft significantly changed the interface of the spell checker in Word 2013. NVDA doesn't implement shortcut keys for controls. These are implemented by the application, so any change is just how things work in the new interface.

I'm changing this ticket to just cover the announcement of the error.
Changes:
Changed title from "MSWord 2013 spell check dialog is not as usable as it was in previous versions." to "MSWord 2013: Report mispelled word in Spell Check"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by amenaide (in reply to comment 1) on 2015-04-28 14:12
Replying to jteh:
Hi,

In NVDA 2015.1 the misspelled word is now announced in Word according to the release notes. However, it does not work for me in Word 2013. Is this still being worked on?

Thank you.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2015-04-29 04:31
This probably could have been clearer, but #1938 only fixed an issue with the spell check dialog in Word 2003-2010; it did not affect Word 2013. Word 2013 doesn't use a dialog for spell check any more; it's a completely new interface which is more like a toolbar. NVDA doesn't have specific support for this yet.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by JamaicanUser on 2015-07-04 17:56
Can't anything be done in this regard?

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

When addressing this, consider the requests in #3482.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@feerrenrut could you please test if you are able to access the missspelled word as well as the suggestions in Word 2013 without any errors? I am testing with NVDA alpha-17205,93ccd518 and Word 2016 / 365. I cannot reproduce any error as stated in this issue. In my view the dialog is very accessible. You can walk with tab and shift+tab as well as arow keys in suggestions list and also in the sentence edit field. You can access every button etc.
The only thing is that Microsoft does not provide any shortcuts for this dialog. at least for english, you should be abled to use the underlined letter of the buttons as shortcuts, without pressing alt key. But this does not work in every word version.
If the error is not reproducible, i suggest to close this issue as works for me.

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

I can still reproduce this in Word 2013 and NVDA 2019.1.1. I have updated the initial description to clarify the issue.

@yogeshtaneja12
Copy link

Hello,
I am using office 16 with NVDA 2020.1 it is still not reading the miss spelt words.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
enhancement p4 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants