Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

eThe Bullets and numberingdialog in MS Word 2013 is anounced in a vague manner #3417

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 7, 2013 · 10 comments
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. app/microsoft-office bug

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by sumandogra on 2013-08-07 15:07
The bullets and numbering dialog in MS Word 2013 is very confusing now. NVDA reads arbitrarily and one cannot find out which number or bullet type one is on.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a document that has a list to be numbered.
  2. Press ALT, O, N.
  3. Bullets and numbering dialog opens.
  4. Try to navigate in the dialog with TAB and ARROWS.
  5. On reaching the bullets or number types, NVDA reads arbitrarily and it becomes very difficult to find out which type of bullet or number one is on.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by vrdhn on 2013-08-22 07:19
Using Accesible Event watcher, I found that Word is sending wrong description.
What is way to report this to Microsoft Word team ?

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@jcsteh @michaelDCurran Could you please respond to #3417 (comment) by sharing how this Word accessibility deficiency can be reported to Microsoft?

@michaelDCurran
Copy link

michaelDCurran commented Aug 13, 2017 via email

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@michaelDCurran any news from Microsoft regarding this issue?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I cannot really reproduce it in Office 2016 / 365.
@feerrenrut, @Qchristensen are you able to reproduce it in Office 2013 or older?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I don't think this is related, but When I access the dialog "define new numbering format", I get following error in my log when navigating with tab and shift+tab:

IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (20:42:38.082):
Input: kb(laptop):tab
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.window.winword.WordDocument._get_WinwordWindowObject (20:42:38.150):
Could not get MS Word object model from window 1248014 with class _WwN
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "NVDAObjects\window\winword.pyc", line 1193, in _get_WinwordWindowObject
  File "oleacc.pyc", line 237, in AccessibleObjectFromWindow
  File "_ctypes/callproc.c", line 946, in GetResult
WindowsError: [Error -2147467259] Unbekannter Fehler
ERROR - scriptHandler.executeScript (20:42:38.161):
error executing script: <bound method Dynamic_WordDocumentEditableTextWithoutAutoSelectDetectionUIAWindowNVDAObject.script_tab of <NVDAObjects.Dynamic_WordDocumentEditableTextWithoutAutoSelectDetectionUIAWindowNVDAObject object at 0x053DD750>> with gesture u'Tab'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scriptHandler.pyc", line 192, in executeScript
  File "NVDAObjects\window\winword.pyc", line 1371, in script_tab
  File "documentBase.pyc", line 24, in makeTextInfo
  File "NVDAObjects\UIA\__init__.pyc", line 285, in __init__
NotImplementedError: UIAutomationTextRangeArray is empty

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@feerrenrut, @Qchristensen I wonder if this is reproducible in Office 2013 with NVDA 2019.2? Could you test this? In Office 2016 and 365 it is not.

@bdorer
Copy link
Sponsor

bdorer commented Dec 2, 2019 via email

@Qchristensen
Copy link

I only currently have Office 365, but using that:

• Alt+o, n uses an old Office keystroke to open a bullets and numbering dialog. Once it opens, it reads the item currently in use (for standard filled circle bullets made by typing * then space, this is now a "custom" bullet style in this dialog), but I can't get it to read the other parts of the dialog.

• Using the regular alt+h, u for bullets (or alt+h, n for numbering) the ribbon opens and reads the style currently being used. @feerrenrut have you still got Office 2013 to test this?

@Adriani90 Adriani90 added the Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. label Mar 30, 2023
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

The bullet and numbering dialog in Office 2013 has been splitted into two dialogs each for numbering and bullet in later versions of MS Office.
End of life for MS Office 2013 is officially on April 11, 2023. Thus I am closing this issue as abandoned. If you have the same issue in later version of MS Office (beginning with MS office 2016), please open a new issue covering those versions.

@Adriani90 Adriani90 closed this as not planned Won't fix, can't repro, duplicate, stale Mar 30, 2023
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. app/microsoft-office bug
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

7 participants