Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Touch gestures: a way to browse the web via elements using touch gestures #3424

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 8, 2013 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by nvdakor on 2013-08-08 09:38
Hi,
Tablets are becoming prevalent, and so does penetration of Internet. Some tablets does have keyboards, while majority are slates without a hardware keyboard. Also, many tablet users (including blind users) use their device for web browsing.
Thus I'd like to propose a feature to allow web browsing on touchscreens via elements using touch gestures alone. The specifics are as follows:

• A dedicated web browser mode that'll be available if browse mode (virtual buffer) is active.
  • The browse mode would use one or two finger flicks to select from a list of navigable elements and to move from same element to next. For reading text within an element such as heading, one would use text mode.
  • For elements list, I propose the following element choices: landmarks, forms, headings, links, lists, embedded objects and tables.
  • If needed, a way to toggle between focus and browse modes using touch gestures.
    If you need testers, there are at least two (myself and another user) for colaboration.
    Thanks for your considerations.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by nvdakor on 2013-12-03 02:15
Hi,
An add-on which implements this has been developed:

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@feerrenrut Are we okay for the proposed functionality to be part of core? If the answer is yes, I would like to kindly request @josephsl, originally user nvdakor and the author of the Enhanced Touch Gestures NVDA add-on, to please consider creating a pull request submitting relevant code in the near future - or at least consider being assigned this ticket.

@josephsl
Copy link
Collaborator

josephsl commented Sep 5, 2017 via email

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@josephsl any updates on this? Is NV Access planning a different approach?

@josephsl
Copy link
Collaborator

josephsl commented Dec 10, 2018 via email

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants