Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Can't access the new Outlook website with NVDA #3440

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 14, 2013 · 6 comments
Closed

Can't access the new Outlook website with NVDA #3440

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 14, 2013 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Brendon22 on 2013-08-14 07:05
Hello,

When logging into your Outlook email account on the website https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=11&ct=1332305003&rver=6.1.6206.0&wp=MBI_SSL_SHARED&wreply=https:%2F%2Fhome.live.com%2F&lc=3081&id=251248&cbcxt=hom&mkt=en-AU, and you try and access your list of emails, you are unable to access them. The checkboxes don't work on this page, and the links for opening a message don't work when pressing enter on them know matter what web layout you have turned on in NVDA. This broke when the website changed from Hotmail to Outlook. Using the latest version of master.

Thank you.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by mdcurran on 2013-08-16 06:13
Until this is fixed, either by us or the website author, you can press pass key through (nvda+f2) and then press space, to activate the checkboxes or to open the emails.

Technical:
The checkboxes and the email subject links (to open the email) do not activate with the HTMLNode's click method. They only seem to listen manually for key or mouse events.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2013-08-16 08:26
Well if its any consolation I have two sighted users who have had mega issues with this web site actually locking up IE 8 and 9 and some versions of Firefox. I understand that there are forum posts on it. I'm surprised that Msoft let this go live before actually testing it properly.
I have pop3 access to my hotmail account thank goodness.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by Brendon22 on 2013-08-18 00:41
Hello,

Thank you, this works quite nicely. This website is going to have to be fixed on the screen readers side, because I have tried to contact the website author. but they are not at all interested to fix it. Also, there isn't any way if you have more than one page of emails, to go to the next or back a page. They are graphics to go to next and back. Thank you.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@Brian1Gaff @michaelDCurran Is this still the case with the current form of Outlook on the web? Regardless, it doesn't seem to me that NVDA has scope for a fix, rather Outlook authoring needs to be corrected.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Sep 20, 2017

This indeed does sound to be a website authoring issue. As stated by @michaelDCurran in #3440 (comment)

The checkboxes and the email subject links only seem to listen manually for key or mouse events.

This would indicate that NVDA would not be able to fix this issue. Closing as cantfix

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Sep 20, 2017 via email

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants