Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

nvda reading titles of web pages twice #3446

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 16, 2013 · 10 comments
Closed

nvda reading titles of web pages twice #3446

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 16, 2013 · 10 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by challsworth2 on 2013-08-16 07:47
When Nvda reads a web page, the title is spoken twice. The first time it says the word, "document", at the end while the second time it is read normally. Couldn't the first reading be completely eliminated? I wonder if this is a bug that was sneeked in when developing or enhancing the review modes feature.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2013-08-16 08:52
Hi, Not just on Win 7, it does this at times on IE in Windows XP. I think the main issue is this word Document. Its only in the last development period that this inconsistent announcement of the fact its a document has started to happen. Example, Read email in plain text in Outlook expres, no word document, Do it in html and it says document. Adobe reader is doing it, Firefox is doing it but many text editors I think including Word do not. Personally I think this is a redundant piece of informations sent out by some parts of windows for no apparent reason!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by mdcurran on 2013-08-16 11:36
Caused by fix for #3388.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by Brendon22 on 2013-08-18 00:32
Hi Mic,

Also, can I add to this a little, I have made a ticket about this as well. But now when I am loading a page in IE 10 and erlyer. NVDA is saying Document, Pain, Pain when ever a website page is opening. Is there any way to stop NVDA saying Pain, Pain twice? I Personally donn't think this information is needed. The Title of the Website being read is enough for me. Thank you for all of your great work!!!!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by briang1 on 2013-08-19 09:11
Hi, well reading things many times is quite common in screenreaders of course, but nvda seems to do it in places like the download messages during downloading in IE8 for example. I suspect its just that events often get fired by applications from several parts of the same app, or just more than once generally. I'd also point out to those that really moan about such things that a quick blip on the control key clears the buffer and then you can hear the wood for the trees. Too much is always better than nothing at all.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2013-08-20 01:15
In [9d5087b]:

Revert "TreeInterceptor._get_passThrough: return true  if isAlive is false, even if _passThrough is false. This means that until a treeInterceptor is ready, passThrough will be considered on." (Reopens) Re #3388. Fixes #3446.

This reverts commit fde2dcbc9613ec0ddc991f798bbf9230ff6116ad.

Changes:
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment app.php added by Slavon on 2014-01-13 04:49
Description:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment func.php added by Slavon on 2014-01-13 04:49
Description:
http://remedyby.tumblr.com

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment main.inc.php added by Slavon on 2014-01-13 04:50
Description:
http://badbeath.tumblr.com

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment README added by Slavon on 2014-02-06 11:26
Description:
http://smartmilhealth.com

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment main-bg.gif added by Slavon on 2014-07-26 09:30
Description:
http://bestrecumbentexercisebike.tumblr.com/

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant