Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Suppress API calls (during say all) #3453

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 20, 2013 · 3 comments
Closed

Suppress API calls (during say all) #3453

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 20, 2013 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by leonarddr on 2013-08-20 11:19
Sometimes when reading a piece of text, the reading is interrupted by API speak messages, for example when my twitter client gets new incoming messages. It would be handy wen incoming API messages could be muted/ignored, at least during say all. This could be accomplished in two ways:

• A new option, "suppress incoming API messages during say all".
  • A general "Suppress incoming API messages" option, which can be specified in say all only cases using the new configuration profiles.
@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I'm not sure whether I still consider this request to be valid. Actually, there's a reason why you want a message to be spoken by NVDA when using the API, so interrupting say all makes sense.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@LeonarddeR Given the fact that you are the original author of this ticket coupled with your now contrarian stand about this feature request in #3453 (comment), may we safely close this ticket as a wontfix (or invalid)?

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Yes, I'll close this for now and will file a new ticket as soon as #7599 is merged. This will open up new possibilities, including optionally providing the priority of a speech message to the API.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants