Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Compensate for lack of insert key/problem with caps lock key on Macbook #347

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 7 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by timeless on 2009-07-02 09:42
This is the general keyboard layout for modern mac book pros: http://switchtoamac.com/images/hardware/macs/macbookpro/late_2008_mbp_keyboard.png

I don't know of an insert key or numlock or ...

I couldn't figure out how to use Capslock to get anything, i tried enabling capslock and then pressing caps+N and i didn't get a menu.

Windows 7 RC, NVDA 0.6p3.2
Blocked by #225

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Bernd on 2011-03-06 15:33
I think this ticket is blocked by #225. If you would implement this ticket he could define his own modifier.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by leonarddr on 2015-02-06 16:12
Changes:
Added labels: wontfix
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by bdorer on 2015-03-01 17:36
Why do you close this as wontfix? Please think first and do researches if you haven't required applications or Devices.

As I learned from others it's possible to use Capslock+n on bootcamp as in windows normally. If you are using windows in a VM you need things like sharpkeys or something like that.
I don't know wheather I should close as Worksform or this is blocked by #225 so I'm going to simply reopen.
Changes:
Removed labels: wontfix
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2015-03-15 23:48
I don't consider this a bug. NVDA is behaving as it should; it just happens that the Macbook keyboard doesn't have what we need.

That said, #225 would be nice for users running Windows in a vm. It'd also be nice to notify Macbook users about this and offer to use a different key.
Changes:
Changed title from "NVDA keybinding seems unreachable from my Mac Book Pro" to "Compensate for lack of insert key/problem with caps lock key on Macbook"

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Although I agree with bdorer that my initial closing of this ticket without motivating this was a bit too harsh, I still belief it deserves a close since #225 would provide a fix for this. I've used NVDA on a Mac Book for ages, either by just using the caps lock key or remapping the insert with sharp keys. I belief that VMware Fusion allows you to remap keys from its interface as well.

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

Yes, I think its best to close this as a duplicate of #225. Most of the discussion on #225 is about how to use NVDA on a Mac with a VM anyway.

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

For anyone coming across this issue, some guidance on how to setup your NVDA key on a Mac while using a VM can be found in the following article: https://www.marcozehe.de/2015/06/07/how-to-map-your-macs-capslock-key-to-a-nvda-or-jaws-key-in-a-windows-virtual-machine/

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants