Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

braille user #3479

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 29, 2013 · 5 comments
Closed

braille user #3479

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 29, 2013 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by kroksland on 2013-08-29 17:00
Hey
I just updated nvda today and I'm not pleased at all. I'm using nvda at work with a braille display and it has always been perfect. I'm not using speach at all. But now, when for example when I've done a google search and use H to navigate between headings fast, the title/link-text simply disapears. If I want to read what I'm actually looking at I have to arrow up and down and hope the title appears as soon as possible. The same with facebook, when I get a notification and I hit enter on it to check it out and arrow down to read it, the link disapears but the text beneath explaining how long ago it happened still remain. To see what the notification is I have to arrow up and down a few times and then it might appear on my alva bc640. Perhaps this sounds a little confusing, but english isn't my native language. I'm currently using firefox, but I have tried chrome and IE and the problem remains. This is a serious problem for me.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by nvdakor on 2013-08-29 17:11
Hi,
So if you go down Google search results via headings, what is displayed on the braille display (the heading title, the URL for the link, etc.)? Can you tell us the values for the following settings:

• Message timeout under Braille Settings.
  • Report Tool Tips under Object Presentation.
    Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2013-08-29 23:06
Are you tethered to review or focus? Does the problem persist if you change this?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2013-10-22 23:05
Correcting version, since 2013.2 wasn't previously an option. See #3499.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by nvdakor on 2015-05-18 22:41
Hi,
Coming back to this...
Is this still happening in NVDA 2015.1? I'm a bit concerned about this, since the original poster hasn't commented or answered any of our questions.
Thanks.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 10, 2017

Closing, since the original poster did not comment or answer any of the questions above and we are not able to contact the original poster.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants