Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

In Outlook 2013, NVDA does not read the list of categories found within the Options dialog. #3488

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 2, 2013 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by sumandogra on 2013-09-02 13:45
Outlook 2013

The category type is not announced in Outlook options dialog and a TAB after cancel button is silent and one does not come to know about the category name. only after going to the group one can identify the type of category.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Open options dialog from file menu.
  2. TAB to cancel button.
  3. The Cancel button is announced.
  4. Again TAB.
  5. Nothing is announced.
  6. Again press TAB and one lands in a group of a type of categorised controls to help customise Outlook.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by dgoldfield on 2014-01-08 17:07
I've also noticed this using Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 32-bit system. What happens is that the list of categories found in the options dialog, such as "general", "customize ribbon", etc., are not spoken as you press the up/down arrow keys to navigate within that list.
Changes:
Changed title from "in Outlook 2013, it is difficult to find out the category of the opotions one tries to customise the Outlook." to "In Outlook 2013, NVDA does not read the list of categories found within the Options dialog."

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by nvdakor on 2014-05-30 02:46
Hi,
When I open Options dialog in Outlook 2010 and 2013, categories are announced as I arrow through them. Please try with 2014.2 and see if this is fixed. If not fixed, please try master branch, and if not, try next branch (master and next should be tried after trying with 2014.2 first). Thanks.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 10, 2017

This works correctly for me in Outlook 2016 and @josephsl reported it worked in 2010 and 2013 as well. Seeing as the original poster did not report with results with 2014.2 (or newer) and we are unable to contact the original author for additional information, closing

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants