Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

When using arrow keys to move through a spreadsheet in Libreoffice Calc, NVDA reads too much information. #3498

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 4, 2013 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by dgoldfield on 2013-09-04 15:12
when navigating through a spreadsheet using arrow keys in Libreoffice Calc 4.1.1 with accessibility support enabled, NVDA 2013.2 reads much more than the cell data and coordinates, after data is entered in a cell.

steps to duplicate

1. In document Settings dialog, enable the speaking of cell coordinates.
  2. Open Libreoffice calc.
  3. Use arrow keys to move through the blank spreadsheet. So far, you will receive normal feedback as NVDA reads off cell coordinates, such as a1, b1, c1, etc.
  4. Next, enter data into a cell.
  5. After data is entered in a cell, use arrow keys to move through the cells. Instead of hearing the cell coordinates and data which may be contained within the cell, you will hear NVDA read the title of the workbook, the phrase formula bar and reminding you that you can edit data in this cell.

This behavior does not occur with Openoffice or Excel.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by dgoldfield on 2013-09-04 15:26
I have discovered that this behavior occurs in Calc if the formula bar is checked. If the formula bar is not checked, NVDA reads the cell data and coordinates only. Go to the view pull-down menu with alt-V, press T for toolbars and uncheck Formula Bar.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2013-10-22 23:05
Correcting version, since 2013.2 wasn't previously an option. See #3499.

@zahra21
Copy link

zahra21 commented Nov 10, 2017

hello.
i had this problem since libreoffice 5.2
it seems that its resolved in 5.3.4, but i am not sure completely.
do you mean that the problem occures in all versions of libreoffice and the only solution is desabling formula?
now, i tested with version 5.3.4 and it worked for me without reading extra informations both with formula checked and unchecked.
i appreciate your help, for the solution that works for me,
God bless you all and his infinite mercy i pray for you.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Nov 11, 2017

Closing as worksforme with the latest version of libreoffice 5.3.4 from #3498 (comment)

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants