Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

nvda behaves strangely with multi line edit fields in internet explorer 8 #3547

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 25, 2013 · 4 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by fatma.mehanna on 2013-09-25 01:53
hi,
NVDA behaves in a strange way when i type in multi line edit fields in internet explorer 8.
steps to reproduce:
1 type 2 or 3 paragraphs.
2 try to read what you typed.
resulsts:
you will find out that nvda reads the first paragraph fine. when you arrow down to read the second paragraph, it reports the words of the first one.
if you want to be sure of the words of the paragraph you are reading, which should be the second one, press home and try to read the words one by one using ctrl+left/right arrow.
you will find out that you are reading the words of the second paragraph.
try to arrow down to read the third paragraph, you will find out that nvda reads the words of the second one, etc.
some times it doesn't read the whole paragraph when you go line by line.
it reads part of it.
when i type in the status update multi line edit field in m.facebook.com webpage,
it doesn't read the first paragraph and nvda says blank. when i go down 2 or 3 lines and go to the top again, nvda will read part of the first line.
when i go to browse mode and read what i typed, it reads perfect.
i use nvda Version: next-9786,c74811f

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-09-25 02:34
Does this occur with LTR text or only RTL?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by fatma.mehanna (in reply to comment 1) on 2013-09-25 08:31
Replying to jteh:

Does this occur with LTR text or only RTL?

no, it occurs with ltr/rtl.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by briang1 on 2013-09-25 09:07
Is this some peculiarity of the latest Facebook incarnation perhaps.

I have not noticed any changes in, say this edit field recently using IE8 It is worth noting that increasingly IE8 is not being supported well on web sites.

This is a new paragraph, so lets see what I get.

Seems OK to me here at any rate.

@ehollig ehollig changed the title nvda behaves strangely with multi line edit fields in internet explorer nvda behaves strangely with multi line edit fields in internet explorer 8 Aug 9, 2017
@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

This seems to be IE 8 specific. Furthermore, we can't contact the original author. Closing as won't fix.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants