Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA Not Loading Buffer and Crashing in Adobe Documents. #3553

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 26, 2013 · 9 comments
Closed

NVDA Not Loading Buffer and Crashing in Adobe Documents. #3553

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 26, 2013 · 9 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ateu on 2013-09-26 15:16
When trying to load an adobe document, NVDA crashes and its necessary to close adobe reader.

I don't think this is an adobe issue, as I've tested using another screen reader and this problem doesn't appears.
Follows the log containing the error.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by ateu on 2013-09-26 15:21
From the log:

ERROR - virtualBuffers.AdobeAcrobat.loadBuffer (12:18:19):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "virtualBuffers__init
_.pyc", line 622, in _loadBuffer

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2013-09-26 20:11
I've not heard of this before, nor can I reproduce it. Is this all documents or a specific document you were testing? Does Reader itself crash?

Also, the log you posted doesn't contain the actual error, only the first three lines.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2013-09-26 20:12
Oh, and what version of Reader?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by briang1 on 2013-09-27 08:21
For the record I cannot get this problem with tagged or untagged files here. I do know that Adobe ghas just put out an update as the first doc this morning was very slow to load and I caught a fleeting ref to adobe updater as it started, but after that everything seemed to be normal again

Maybe its a specific file that is doing it?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by ateu on 2013-09-27 20:34
Oh, you are really right. This problem just appears in a speciffic document.
You are free to close.

Greetings

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by briang1 on 2013-09-28 08:39
If this document is not personal, is there some way we could get at it to see. Obviously I have no way to know if its faulty, but the main problems seem to be when they put text as pictures,or as I had the other day, one that has been tagged so much it seems to take half a day to actually display anything.... well a slight exageration there. But it was pretty bad

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by jteh on 2014-04-24 06:57
Closing, as no response from reporter. However, it'd still be good to see this document if possible in case it is triggering an unknown bug in NVDA.
Changes:
Added labels: invalid
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by ateu on 2014-04-24 09:46
Hello,

There is not a specific document where this occurs. This appears in any large document.
Sometimes, NVDA simply crashes, but sometimes, the document is opened, after a big lag, which doesn't occurs with other screen reader.
I'm using Windows 7, but in Windows 8 the problem is worth.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by jteh on 2014-04-24 10:06
See #4000 regarding crashes of Adobe Reader in Windows 8.1. That is a confirmed issue.

I haven't seen the crash issue you are talking about in Windows 7, so we really need test cases and steps to reproduce.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant