Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA not reading "All Programs" supbmenu on Windows XP SP 3. Just started happening the other day and I can't fix it. Tried reinstall. Also not reading Internett Explorer 8. #3580

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 15, 2013 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by controlmasterp on 2013-10-15 12:55
None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2013-10-16 10:40
Hmm, does html also not work?
This would not only affect IE but Firefox and some applets in control panel that use html as well, so check this.
I had this happen and I'm told it was due to bad uninstallers effectively not re registering parts of windows correctly. The best fix I had was to go back to the time before the uninstall which can be a bit hard if html is not working of course, but I got someone to do it for me.
Then I used revo uninstall to remove the software but did not allow the built in uninstall to do it.
It might work or not, worth a try.
I suggest if it is the case that its an uninstaller, talk to the company concerned. also use a program called Erunt which daily backs up the registry and allows a semi system restore without the need to use that complex interface in XP to do it.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2013-10-22 23:05
Correcting version, since 2013.2 wasn't previously an option. See #3499.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 10, 2017

This is an XP issue and has not been touched in 5 years, so I assume that the problem is fixed or can be closed.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants