Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Acess violation #3581

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 15, 2013 · 11 comments
Closed

Acess violation #3581

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 15, 2013 · 11 comments
Assignees

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Gutonunes on 2013-10-15 20:27
Sou brasileiro e sou voluntário no Sodalício dos Cegos e estou tendo problema de conflito com o NVDA e o programa BRfácil, quando abro o Brfácil para imprimir na impressora braille com o NVDA ativo, o Brfácil dá erro e aparece a mensagem " Acess violation at adress 6CA84532 in module 'RICHED20.dll'. Read of adress 005300CE. ".
Alguém pode ajudar.

I am Brazilian and I volunteer in the Sodality of the Blind and am having problem of conflict with NVDA and BRfácil program, when I open Brfácil printer to print in braille with NVDA active, Brfácil gives error and the message "Access Violation at adress 6CA84532 in module 'riched20.dll.' Read of adress 005300CE. ".
Can anyone help.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2013-10-15 22:39
When you say BRfácil prints in braille, do you mean to a braille embosser?

Are you certain this doesn't happen when NVDA is not running?
Does it happen as soon as you open the application or when you do something specific in the application?
Once you see this error, does the application exit?

I suspect NVDA is querying the editable text control for information and the control can't handle this for some reason. That could suggest a bug in the application or it could suggest a version of that control we don't know about and therefore make queries that the control can't handle properly. Without access to the application itself, we're unfortunately very unlikely to be able to figure out what's happening.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by Gutonunes on 2013-10-15 23:00
Yes, brfácil is a software to print to braille on a braille printer.

When I turn off the NVDA, the brfácil works normally.

I went into cntato the developer of the BRfácil in Rio / Brazil, and it still does not have a solution, he said he will study the NVDA to tackle.

For the BRfácil, you can download it at this link: http://intervox.nce.ufrj.br/brfacil/

I used the two versions, the 3.4 and 3.5a, the two gave the error,
  and install on your PC. No need to send print, just open the program that the error appears.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by Gutonunes on 2013-10-16 01:44
The problem found in Braille Facil occurs to the interaction of NVDA and Microsoft's RichEd20.dll,
used by many commercial programs in Brazil.
The attached zip file contains a little Delphi 7 project with just one form and one richedit component, no extra code.
Just execute it with NVDA off (possibly with Narrator or Jaws on, so as to get a simple screen reading) and it will work fine.
With NVDA, a simple mouse movement causes the component to crash.
[http://intervox.nce.ufrj.br/~antonio2/errnvda.zip]

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2013-10-16 02:37
This sounds very much like #672. Perhaps it's another case of that or perhaps #672 regressed this.

Thanks for the test case. We'll investigate it further soon.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by jteh on 2013-10-22 23:05
Correcting version, since 2013.2 wasn't previously an option. See #3499.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by Gutonunes on 2013-10-24 22:49
thank you, could pass the link to download the version port-Brazil

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by Gutonunes on 2013-10-28 20:00
Good afternoon jteh,
I tested with version 2013.2, in windows vista, xp, 7 32-bit and 7 64-bit and gave problem again. Have another solution?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by Gutonunes on 2013-10-28 20:02
thanks again

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2013-12-06 00:41
In [e15e8ad]:

Map TRichEdit window class to RichEdit20. Re #3693 Re #3603 Re #3581

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 1, 2017

I think this should have been closed from e15e8ad.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 22, 2017

Closing, as this appears that it should have been closed from e15e8ad.

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Aug 22, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants