Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Speech interruption with caplock doesn't work properly in Firefox virtual buffer. #3636

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 10, 2013 · 4 comments
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by aleskis on 2013-11-10 11:52
Firefox 25.0
To reproduce:

1. Try to read paragraph by paragraph with ctrl+down arrow.
  2. Heard the correct sentence one time, then stop it a second time and relaunch the reading with caplock. The reading runs some words later.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-11-10 23:42
Caps lock doesn't start reading. Do you mean NVDA+downArrow (say all) or the shift key (pause/resume)? What do you mean when you say you hear the sentence, then you stop it the second time? Why did it repeat? Please be more specific about the exact sequence of steps.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2013-11-10 23:42
Also, what speech synthesiser are you using?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by briang1 on 2013-11-11 10:35
Well, all I can think is that he has set up caps lock as the nvda key and he is noting the slight discrepancies you can get with the say all if re initiated after the speech is stopped with nvda key or other keys etc, ie the starting point can vary between the start of the sentence you just heard, or the next one. I would not consider that any kind of issue myself, it merely depends on where the marker was when you stopped it I guess.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by aleskis on 2014-07-29 17:10
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant