Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

In mozilla applications, nvda fails to speak, or speaks incorrectly the text backspaced #3650

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 17, 2013 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by driemer.riemer@... on 2013-11-17 10:01
In some edit fields in mozilla applications, Especially in the composition window of Mozilla thunderbird, nvda fails to report the text being deleted with backspace or ctrl+backspace.

how to reproduce

If you are lucky enough to experience this problem you likely will see it occur randomly so it may be a ******* to debug.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I'm not sure whether I've seen this, but at least I haven't considered that major to file an issue for it, and I'm using Thunderbird on a daily basis.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 6, 2017

Where this does occur, it should be addressed by #6424. Closing as duplicate.

@zahra21
Copy link

zahra21 commented Dec 26, 2018

hello.
i downloaded nvda 2017.3 just for testing and hears my observations.
i should mention that i am not familiar with thunderbird, (my test was in firefox only).
after my test, i realized that when i write some lines in edit boxes in all edit boxes, (i tested specially in gmail and wordpress websites) when i navigate in my written documents, sometimes nvda report incorrect characters, words and lines, (i see mixture of content specially when i use persian and english both in my document or only when i use persian content).
the problem for using backspace, is resolved for me many months ago, (i dont remember exactly in which version of firefox).
so, for this reason, i write my comment, messages etc in notepad plus plus, copy the content and peist in the edit boxes in mozilla firefox.
i returned to nvda 2017.2 (which is the best and my favorite version) that i decided to keep and use it forever by the Grace of God!
thanks extremely for your great screen reader, i always sincerely pray for you and request divine infinite mercy for you.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants