Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

MS word: correctly report selected table cells #3653

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 20, 2013 · 10 comments
Closed

MS word: correctly report selected table cells #3653

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 20, 2013 · 10 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by surfer0627 on 2013-11-20 09:42
The attachment is a word document. It includes one table with 9 rows and 5 columns.

The caret is at (r2, c1):

Press shift+arrow down

report: selecting Stop speech Control control 2-finger tap Instantly stops speaking Pause Speech

NVDA reports (r2, c2 through c5) and (r3, c1).

Actually, selected table cells are (r2, c1) and (r3, c1).

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

nvaccessAuto commented Nov 20, 2013

Attachment sample table cells.doc added by surfer0627 on 2013-11-20 11:55
Description:
sample for this ticket
Update:
File added from Trac

sample table cells.zip

@surfer0627
Copy link
Contributor

See also #5922.

@nsousa2007
Copy link

Hi,

This issue is still happening in Word 2016.
Please check it, as well as other issues like: reading table border or column when pressing arrow down to get out of the table.
Thanks

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

cc: @michaelDCurran

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@lukaszgo1 could you please test if this is reproducible for you? In my case, NVDA does not report the coordinates in table when selecting with shift+ or ctrl+shift+arrow keys. Testing with NVDA alpha-17304,df6010f5

@lukaszgo1
Copy link
Contributor

I've tested in Office 2010 with NVDA version alpha-17304,df6010f5and for me only selected text is reported and it is reported properly.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@nsousa2007 are you available to test further? What exactly is the issue here? In our results so far NVDA does not report cell coordinates when selecting text in tables. When I press shift+down arrow from the row 1 column 1, NVDA select the whole row 2 which is actually implemented in Word itself. If you copy and paste the selection anywhere elsse, the whole row will be pasted in a table format.
Could you please elaborate abit more in detail about the issue? Thanks.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@johnykulik4025 could you please also test if this issue is reproducible in Office 2007? Thanks.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I am closing this one as invalid. If someone can reproduce an issue like described by the initial author, please open a new one with updated steps to reproduce.

@nsousa2007
Copy link

nsousa2007 commented May 23, 2019 via email

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants