Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

IE 11: Form navigation in Browse mode #3660

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 23, 2013 · 4 comments
Closed

IE 11: Form navigation in Browse mode #3660

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 23, 2013 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by DCPendleton on 2013-11-23 16:30
For some reason, when navigating web documents in browse mode, using the letter f to navigate to form fields also navigates to the first item of any lists that may be present on the page.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-11-23 23:19
I have never seen this. Please provide a test case/example URL and specify what browser and version you're using.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by DCPendleton on 2013-11-24 06:25
Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org) is a good example. When visiting the page, I press f to try and reach the search box. The first thing it finds is "list with three items", the three items being the first three categories: arts, biography, geography. Pressing f will take you to the first bullet point. Pressing f again will take you to the start of the next three bulleted categories: history, mathematics, science. As it is I have to press f sixteen times before I reach the search box.
I am using Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 (specifically, the version number is 11.0.9600.16428).
Hope this helps.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2013-11-25 03:38
Doesn't happen in IE 9 or latest Firefox. Sounds like another stupid IE accessibility bug we're going to have to work around.
Changes:
Changed title from "Form navigation in Browse mode" to "IE 11: Form navigation in Browse mode"

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 14, 2017

This does not happen for me using the latest NVDA and IE 11 on Wikipedia. Closing

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Aug 14, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants