Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

read all - chceckbox #3674

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 29, 2013 · 11 comments
Open

read all - chceckbox #3674

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 29, 2013 · 11 comments
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by tutej on 2013-11-29 10:51
Hello once again,
my configuration is:
Windows 7 64bit, IE9, NVDA 2013.2

the Code:

Zgłoszeniowy
Dotyczący miesięcznego dofinansowania Korygujący

and the issue:

for given code, when i'm using the read-all command (NVDA-down-arrow)
NVDA doesn't read the information for input: id="gwt-uid-117" properly. chcekbox is marked but NVDA read it as unmarked.

Thanks for help.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2013-11-29 11:07
At the risk of being terribly tiresome here. It would be really nice if when people find these sort of anomolies, that they could give a real life link to a page to allow people to actually test their set ups and browsers to see if its restricted to the config mentioned. Of course putting this code into the text of the ticket is not that helpful either It would be better in an attachment which could be displayed, though in this case I guess that might not work as it would on a live page.
!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

nvaccessAuto commented Nov 29, 2013

Attachment test.html added by tutej on 2013-11-29 14:54
Description:
Update:
File added from Trac
test.html.txt

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by tutej on 2013-11-29 14:57
Sorry for inconvenience,
I've just attached a simple html file to test that issue. The method is to set up on first header, than use command (NVDA+Down-arrow).

Thanks for help.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2013-11-29 21:49
According to the DOM, that checkbox is unchecked. There needs to be a checked attribute to check it.
Changes:
Added labels: invalid
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by tutej on 2013-12-03 10:40
I've added checked="checked" attribute for given sample. It makes no difference.
Changes:
Removed labels: invalid
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by tutej on 2013-12-03 10:55
I've noticed that the problem occurs when the attribute disabled="" is added. When I remove it, NVDA reads it in an expected way.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by jteh on 2013-12-03 23:14
I just realised you're referring to the radio button, not the check box. (Your report says check box.)

What browser are you using here? In Firefox, this works correctly. I just tested in IE and noticed it doesn't. As if there weren't enough stupid bugs in IE's accessibility implementation, IE doesn't expose the fact that radio buttons or check boxes are checked via accessibility APIs when they are disabled.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by tutej on 2013-12-04 09:29
It have to work on IE 8, IE9 and IE 10.
So the reason is in IE, not the code? Do you know any good solution for that problem?
Thanks for an information.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by jteh on 2013-12-04 21:16
We'll see if we can hack around it when we're able.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@Tutej is this still an issue?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Ok I have tested with NVDA 2018.4.1 and IE11. The issue is still reproducible.
@LeonarddeR this issue in IE is also very present in SAP web apps which are working only in IE.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants