Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

IE8: "Report table row/column headers" could not match with the content #3677

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 2, 2013 · 7 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by surfer0627 on 2013-12-02 04:00
Hello developers,
Here are steps to reproduce the case:

1. Open one ticket in the NVDA website.

2. Press t navigate to table

3. Move to (r2, c2)

4. Press Up Arrow to (r2, c1)
    NVDA report: Reported by: c1 Priority:

5. Press Down Arrow two times to (r2, c3)
    NVDA report: Owned by: c3 Milestone:

6. Press Down Arrow two times to (r3, c1)
    NVDA report: Reported by: c1 Component:

Thank you.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2013-12-02 09:09
Hi, I raised this on a ticket some time back. It happens in some specific cases in tables. I think it was going to be a pig to stop it from what I remember. I imagine some kind person will close this as a duplicate, but it is really annoying nonetheless!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by surfer0627 (in reply to comment 1) on 2013-12-04 01:53
Replying to briang1:

Hi, thank you for your reply.

Is this the ticket you mentioned #2824?

Hi, I raised this on a ticket some time back. It happens in some specific cases in tables. I think it was going to be a pig to stop it from what I remember. I imagine some kind person will close this as a duplicate, but it is really annoying nonetheless!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by briang1 on 2013-12-04 08:02
Yes that is the one. I wonder if any more consideration has been given to changing the ticket page coding. I have lost my ref to the two other cases i had found, but, I've yet to see any new ones, so this must indeed be a very rare bit of coding still.
There are far worse issues for the aging IE8 now of course, but that is a whole other issue!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by surfer0627 (in reply to comment 3) on 2014-10-08 08:02
Replying to briang1:

I have lost my ref to the two other cases i had found, but, I've yet to see any new ones, so this must indeed be a very rare bit of coding still.

See also #3600, #3245.
The ticket 3245 is a Firefox issue.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 1, 2017

Can this, as well as #2824 be marked as a duplicate as it sounds like there are other tickets that are covering this topic. Also, NVDA does not use track anymore, which is used to reproduce the issues.

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Aug 1, 2017 via email

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

LeonarddeR commented Aug 1, 2017

Closing this:

1. The NVDA project no longer uses Trac
  2. IE8 is obsolete, XP users should at least consider to use something more up to date, such as one of the latest XP supporting FireFox versions.

if this issue can be reproduced for another website and a newer version of IE (preferably IE11), please raise a new issue.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants