Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Incorrect table reading in Microsoft Word 2007 #3685

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 2, 2013 · 8 comments
Closed

Incorrect table reading in Microsoft Word 2007 #3685

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 2, 2013 · 8 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Sukil on 2013-12-02 20:24
In Word 2007, when reaching the last line of a multiline row table with the arrow keys, NVDA reads the entire row. See attachment for an example.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment table.docx added by Sukil on 2013-12-02 20:29
Description:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Palacee_hun on 2013-12-03 07:02
This sounds very much like Ticket #3421. Please test according to the steps described there to find out whether it is a duplicate of that. Unfortunately I cannot do this myself, because I have MS Word 2003 which does not support .docx files out of the box. The referred ticket also contains a quick-and-dirty workaround script.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Sukil on 2013-12-03 12:53
It's the same problem. I've tested the workaround and when opening word NVDA reports there is an error in it, and doesn't change the results. Quite strange.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by Palacee_hun (in reply to comment 2) on 2013-12-03 20:19
Can you please cite what the error was from the log viewer?
[to [comment:2 Sukil]([br]]
Replying):

It's the same problem. I've tested the workaround and when opening word NVDA reports there is an error in it, and doesn't change the results. Quite strange.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by Sukil on 2013-12-03 20:58
Okay, the fault was mine, I didn't download the original bersion of the script, but an html file with .py extension. Sorry for that. The workaround works great. Why don't you include it for next release?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by Sukil on 2014-03-20 16:41
Is this ticket having any progress?
I have just came accross a solution to not fix, but at least, narrow down the cases and fix them. If a table contains one row and one column, treat it as normal text. Not sure how hard or possible this would be...

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 25, 2017

Should this be closed as #3421 was resolved in 2014.3?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Nov 24, 2017

Closing as duplicate of #3421. Please reopen if I am of error.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants