Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

In VMware Player, NVDA does not echo the characters typed in edit fields #3699

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 8, 2013 · 7 comments
Labels
app-specific bug p5 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by k_kolev1985 on 2013-12-08 15:02
Since I've started using VMware Player for my virtual machine needs, I've noticed that NVDA does not speak the characters typed in any of the edit fields in the application. The text is entered OK, it can be reviewed OK with the arrow keys, the text selection reporting works OK, the deleted characters are reported OK, but the entered ones are not spoken at all when entered from the keyboard. The reporting of the typed characters function in NVDA is turned on.

Version of NVDA: next-10066,e9dd449 (installed), 2013.3 (portable);
Version of VMware Player: 6.0.1 build-1379776;
Version of Windows: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, 32-bit, with regional and locale settings set to "Bulgarian".

Edit: If I run any of the 2 mentioned above versions of NVDA with administrator privileges, the typed characters are echoed correctly. UAC on this machine is disabled (I'm starting to wonder if this is a good idea...) and I'm the only (and with administrator privileges) user of this machine. Is this a limitation of the VMware Player application?

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@k-kolev1985: Can you still reproduce this with the newest version of VMware player?

@k-kolev1985
Copy link

@LeonarddeR Yes, I can still reproduce this with the latest version of VMWare Player - v12.5.7 build-5813279.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Thanks. Assigned a priority of p4, since there are easy ways to work around this (e.g. tab out and back in, using arrow keys).

@LeonarddeR LeonarddeR added app-specific p5 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority labels Jul 22, 2017
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Any updates on this issue?
@k-kolev1985 I guess you can still reproduce it. Right?

@k-kolev1985
Copy link

@Adriani90 Yes, I can still reproduce it. I'm using VMware Workstation version 15.0.2 build-10952284.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@k-kolev1985 any improvements in NVDA last alpha version? Could you test again if the issue is occuring?

@k-kolev1985
Copy link

@Adriani90 Yes, the problem is still occurring with the latest alpha version of NVDA and VMware Workstation 17 Player 17.0.1 build-21139696.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
app-specific bug p5 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants