Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Braille not refreshing properly in editable text fields in Explorer shortcut Properties dialog #3708

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 10, 2013 · 12 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by aliminator on 2013-12-10 09:53
This appears with both tethered to focus and Review.
Pressing alt+enter on the Desktop, e.g. the NVDA shortcut to edit its parameters. Adding e.g. a Parameter does not refresh the Braille Display e.g.
the new entered value is not shown on the Display.
The Display is updated as soon as Cursor keys are moved.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-12-10 10:03
Confirmed. This only seems to break if the text in the field is quite long; I haven't worked out how long yet. Also, these are just standard Win32 Edit controls, but this doesn't happen in all such controls.
Changes:
Changed title from "Braille is not refreshing properly" to "Braille not refreshing properly in editable text fields in Explorer shortcut Properties dialog"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by halim on 2013-12-10 12:15
@aliminator thx for opening a ticket for this.
I've reported this in mailinlist two days ago but got no response!.

I can confirm the Problem in w7 but not for winxp.
On both system I edited the nvda desktop shortcut to add -s option.
The brailledisplay refreshed correctly in wxp but not in w7.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@jcsteh confirms the reported issue in #3708 (comment). Does this still occur? If so, please assign a priority you deem appropriate to this ticket.

@jcsteh jcsteh removed their assignment Sep 5, 2017
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@aliminator, @halim can you still reproduce this issue?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@ruifontes could you please test if this is reproducible for you?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@dkager could you please help us in testing if this is still an issue in NVDA 2019.1.1 or Alpha? Unfortunately I cannot test because I do not have a braille display at hand.
cc: @LeonarddeR

@dkager
Copy link
Collaborator

dkager commented May 22, 2019

I can't reproduce this in Windows 10, but that doesn't say anything about Windows 7 (as per the original report).

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@nvdaes, @hozosch can you reproduce this on Windows 7?

@lukaszgo1
Copy link
Contributor

I cannot reproduce it with Focus 40 Blue 4th gen on Windows 7 Pro x64 with NVDA version alpha-17311,0d29265e

@hozosch
Copy link

hozosch commented May 23, 2019

Well, with my windows 7 professional 64 bit system, I can neither reproduce it with the latest stable version nor the latest snapshot using my handy tech active star AS4-16016. There are other times though, where it happens elsewhere, in word for example, particularly if NVDA is sluggish in general.

@nvdaes
Copy link
Sponsor Contributor

nvdaes commented May 24, 2019

I can't reproduce this on Windows 7 Professional 64 with NVDA 2019.1.1, testing with my Ecobraille Plus Display tethered to focus, automatic tether and review cursor.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Thank you all for reporting back. I am closing this as works for me.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

8 participants