Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Nvda and read title attribute in html document #3715

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 13, 2013 · 2 comments
Closed

Nvda and read title attribute in html document #3715

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 13, 2013 · 2 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by hyongsop.kim on 2013-12-13 03:16
Hello, I have a question about Nvda and reading title attribute in html document.
As far as I know, Nvda doesn't read most title attribute.
I want to know why doesn't read all title attributes.
Is the reason that using title attribute is not appropriate in web accessibility perspective?
Otherwise is this the bug of Nvda itself?
In fact web developers use title attributes many times to inform the additional information of related link or button or edit box.
Since I'm web accessibility test engineer and have to advise about this issue to web developers, so should I say that don't use title attribute?
If I have to say that, what is the solution that provide additional information about related link or button or edit box?
Thank you.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-12-13 03:32
For a focusable control, the title will be reported when the control gets focus or when you use the report focus command (NVDA+tab). It is considered secondary information, so it is only reported for focus or on request. This is similar to the experience for sighted users; i.e. they generally see the title when they move the mouse over the control.
Changes:
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2013-12-13 03:33
Note that the title sometimes isn't read in IE in browse mode when it should be. That is covered by #3711.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant