Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Excel: if a web address is present within a sentence, it is not identified as a link by NVDA. #3737

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 27, 2013 · 1 comment

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by sumandogra on 2013-12-27 10:17
Excel 2010
If a web page address is written in a sentence then NVDA does not identify it as a link.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Write a sentence with a web address in the middle of the sentence in an excel cell. For example, connect to www.google.com for reference.
  2. Press ENTER to go to the next cell.
  3. Again go back to the cell with the web address. Note that web address is not identified as a link. Instead if one just has a web address with no text before and after it, it is identified as a link.
@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

CC @sumandogra

I belief this is not a bug in NVDA

When I open excel 2016 en enter a string containing a link, Excel simply doesn't treat it as a link. Instead, you can press application key and insert a link on a cell. A cell can only contain one link.

Closing as invalid. If you belief I am in error, please give a shout.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants