Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA is crashed #3739

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 27, 2013 · 11 comments
Closed

NVDA is crashed #3739

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 27, 2013 · 11 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by shadyar on 2013-12-27 14:38
NVDA version master 9818,da80cc1is crashed. when I read web pages. my browser is firefox last version I don't have any idea but I send log file as attached.
regards
Blocked by #3842
Blocking #3838

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda-old.log added by shadyar on 2013-12-27 14:40
Description:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.log added by shadyar on 2013-12-27 14:41
Description:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2013-12-27 21:15
So, was Firefox running when you rebooted nvda. I see no detection of it on the log. It looks like something I've seen on someone elses machine when nvda does not boot properly.
If you go to desktop or close Firefox do things return to normal?
The latest Firefox that is reliable seems to be 27, but I don't have access to a windows 8 machine here.

If it does work on other applications and parts of Windows a log of what happens as you launch firefox might be useful, rather than launching nvda with firefox running as I assume your last attachment does.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by shadyar on 2013-12-28 20:37
I think it will be useful if you consider please nvda old log, that I have attached as well.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2014-01-07 01:28
Unfortunately, the provided description and logs don't provide any useful information. Please provide more specific details. For example:

• Are you able to read any of the document before the crash or does it occur immediately? If not immediately, how long does it take?
  • Is there a specific document that causes the crash or does it occur for all documents?
  • Is there a specific action that causes the crash; e.g. moving by line, tabbing, etc.?
  • Does NVDA restart when the crash occurs?
  • Does Firefox crash or just NVDA? For example, when you restart NVDA, is Firefox still running?
  • What speech synthesiser are you using?
  • Does the crash occur in other browsers such as Internet Explorer?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by parham (in reply to comment 3) on 2014-01-19 13:08
Replying to jteh:

Unfortunately, the provided description and logs don't provide any useful information.

I believe I've pinpointed the issue.

The issue is not a particular application. It's more about the text that is being read.

If you read the word "بازدیدکنندگان" while your eSpeak voice is set to "Farsi", for example, no matter what application you are in, NVDA crashes. The only way to fix it is to press alt+ctrl+delete, choose "Log-off", and wait until you hear the error sound. Then, re-launch NVDA using alt+ctrl+N.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by mdcurran on 2014-01-20 05:12
Seems to be a bug in eSpeak.
Filed eSpeak bug 111: https://sourceforge.net/p/espeak/bugs/111/

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2014-01-22 02:49
In [f8d35c4]:

Merge branch 't3739' into next. Incubates #3739

Changes:
Added labels: incubating

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by jteh on 2014-02-03 11:01
Branch superceded by #3842 (eSpeak 1.48).
Changes:
Removed labels: incubating

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2014-02-10 02:06
In [70d8124]:

Upgrade eSpeak to 1.48.02. Fixes #3842, #3739

Changes:
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 11 by mdcurran on 2014-02-10 02:14
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2014.1

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants