Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA 2013.3 does not read line by line in PowerPoint 2010 slide shows #3759

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 8, 2014 · 6 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by baphomet on 2014-01-08 10:50
In PowerPoint 2010 slide shows, NVDA 2013.3 does read the whole text from the current cursor position to the end of the current slide. This behavior is repeated whenever the current line is changed. However, I am able to read line by line after pressing CTRL+POS1/Home to get to the beginning of the current slide. With NVDA 2013.2, reading line by line was no problem.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

CC @michaelDCurran

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Nov 8, 2017

I thought this was because Automatic Say All on page load was checked, but testing this in a slideshow after pressing F5, NVDA continues to read as if it is performing a skim reading say all.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@Baphomet I cannot reproduce this. aFter pressing f5, NVDA reads everything. But when pressing up and down arrow I can read line by line as it is expected.
cc: @ehollig

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@ehollig can you reproduce this? me not.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Dec 24, 2018

I could be misunderstanding this issue, but I think the issue is that the entire powerpoint slide is read when Automatic Say All on page load is unchecked. If you want to read the first line of the next slide when in presentation mode, after pressing space to go to the next slide, the user must press control to stop speech prior to reading content on the slide line by line.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

We do not have a confirmation from the author since more than 4 years. I am closing this as works for me. if someone has this problem please comment on this issue and we can reopen the discussion.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants